Summer in Hämeenlinna
SUMMER EVENTS IN HÄMEENLINNA
- 1.-3.7. Weekend, Hämeenlinna
- 8.-9.7. Wanaja Festival, Hämeenlinna
- 15.-16.7. Tawastia Truck Weekend, Kantola Event Park
- 22.-23.7. Mellakka Festival, Hämeenlinna
- 28.-31.7. Hippalot – Children Art Festival, Hämeenlinna
- 29.-31.7. Linnajazz, Hämeenlinna
- 2.-7.8. Tehdas Tanssii-festival, Hämeenlinna
- 5.-7.8. Melodeep Festival, Katajistonranta (Aulanko, Hämeeninna)
- 5.-6.8. Iskelmäpuisto, Hämeenlinna
- 6.-7.8. Elomessut, Hämeenlinna
- 19.-21.8. Häme Medieval Festival, Hämmeenlinna
- 20.-21.8.Historic Grand Race, Hämeenlinna
More information with events from the whole Kanta-Häme region: Hämeenlinna City Event Calendar.
SUMMER STREET – HÄMEENSAARI
During the summer, Hämeensaari will be a common place for everyone, full of different summer activities and events.
Check the calendar to see what’s happening there: Kesäkatu- Events Calendar – (hameenlinna.fi)
For morere information visit the Hämeenlinna City website: Kesäkatu – Hämeenlinna
ROWING BOATS FOR FREE USE
PLAYGROUNDS FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
There are many playgrounds in Hämeenlinna where older children can play unsupervised, and younger children when supervised by their parents or other adults. The playgrounds can be used free of charge.
Reel fishing in Finland is subject to a charge so you need a fishing permit. Otherwise, you may get a fine. Fishing permits are sold at Kastelli Service Point.
For angling (fishing with no reel) you do not need a permit.
There are several campfire sites in the Hämeenlinna area where setting a campfire is permitted. Firewood is provided by the City of Hämeenlinna. Most of the campfire sites are open, and there are also some sheltered campfire huts. Please note, that it is always good to check whether there is no fire warning issued for your area: Warnings – Finnish Meteorological Institute (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi)
Outdoor swimming pool: There is an outdoor swimming pool at Ahvenisto in Hämeenlinna. The outdoor swimming pool is opened in May and remains open throughout the summer until September.
Beaches: There are several public beaches in Hämeenlinna. You can swim at the beaches free of charge. The official swimming season is from 15 June until 31 August. During that period, the authorities supervise the quality of water on the beaches.
There are several cycling routes in Hämeenlinna. You can ride a bike on a specially marked bike lane. If there is no bike lane or there is only a sidewalk, you can cycle on the road.
- Children under the age of 12 are allowed to cycle on the sidewalk.
- In a pedestrian area, like Reska, you can ride a bike but always keep pedestrians in mind.
- Cycling is prohibited on highways and two-lane expressways.
- Cycle on the right side of a bike lane.
- The use of a helmet is recommended but not mandatory.
- Children under 135 cm tall may only be transported in a suitable seat.
- In the dark and twilight, you need to use lights: yellow or white in front and red in the back.
Workout stairs are designed for exercising. You can walk or jog up and down the stairs to improve your physical condition. Everyone can use the stairs for free to work out.
Workout stairs in Kanta-Häme:
- Ahvenisto, address Olympiakatu 18-20, Hämeenlinna. The length of the stairs is 120 meters.
- Iittala, Vastamäki. The length of the stairs is about 50 meters.
- Lammi, Konnari hill.
- Renko, Käräjämäki outdoor area. The length of the stairs is about 60 meters.
The nature trails of the City of Hämeenlinna are ideal for outdoor recreation and hiking. When walking along a nature trail, you will become acquainted with nature, forests and animals. There is also a campfire site for eating beside most of the nature trails.
Opening hours during the summer
Refugee Reception Center
Kumppanuustalo is closed 4.7. – 7.8.
Hämeenlinna City swimming pool is closed11.6.-7.8.
Swimming pool in Lammi is closed 5.6.-29.8.
Openair swimming pool in Avenisto is open from 18.6.
Read more on the Hämeenlinna City website and check other city services’ opening hours during the summer: Hämeenlinnan kaupungin kesän palveluajat – Hämeenlinna (hameenlinna.fi)