Knowledge of the Finnish language is very useful
When you live in Finland, it is worthwhile studying Finnish. You will benefit a lot from understanding Finnish.
When you understand Finnish, it will be easier for you to attend to your affairs, get to know people, make friends and keep abreast of the news. You will also need to know Finnish for most jobs. If you want to study in Finland, you will probably need Finnish language skills. If you want to apply for Finnish citizenship, you must be able to speak Finnish (or Swedish or the Finnish sign language).
The best way to learn the language is to speak it.
In Hämeenlinna, you can study Finnish on courses arranged by Häme TE Office, Vanajavesi Adult Education Centre, language clubs of the Hämeen Setlementti Association or independently.
- Daycare centers will contact families if a child has been absent for a long time 08.04.2020
- The health centers in Hämeenlinna available also in matters other than coronavirus 08.04.2020
- Application to Tavastia and Xamk is still open 07.04.2020
- Distribution of school food packages 06.04.2020
- KELA phone services in Arabic, Russian and Somali 03.04.2020
- Restaurants closed to customers, ordering takeaway permitted (list of restaurants added) 01.04.2020
- Hanki Hämeenlinnasta – tue paikallista 09.04.2020
- Joukkoliikenteen seutuvuoroissa supistetaan tarjontaa alkaen ti 14.4.2020 09.04.2020
- Koti-ARXantai – virtuaalitapahtuma lapsiperheille la 18.4. 08.04.2020
- Terveyskeskus palvelee asiakkaita myös pääsiäisenä 08.04.2020
- Hämeenlinnan kaupunki myöntää vuokravapautuksia 08.04.2020