Where to get money for living?
Kela, that is the Social Insurance Institution of Finland, may give you financial support when you are not employed. You can get Kela benefits, for example, if:
- you are unemployed
- you are studying
- your earnings are not enough to cover your housing costs
- you are taking care of children at home
- you cannot go to work because of illness.
You can get a Kela housing allowance if your earnings are not enough to cover your housing costs.
If you get so little money that it is not enough to live, you can apply for social assistance. Social assistance is generally granted only in exceptional cases. For example, when for some reason you cannot get all the benefits Kela offers. You can also get social assistance, for example, if you fall ill and you then have to pay a lot of bills for which you have no money.
- Finnish language learning clubs – autumn 2020 17.09.2020
- Hobbies in Hämeenlinna AUTUMN 2020 07.09.2020
- The distribution of face masks has started in Hämeenlinna 20.08.2020
- Job for sewers 18.08.2020
- Pre-primary education and basic education start on 11 August 2020 18.08.2020
- Public transport and coronavirus 14.08.2020
- Nummen yhtenäiskoulusta ja Kirkonkulman koulusta oppilaita kotikaranteeniin 18.09.2020
- Yleisöluistelu tauolla syyskuun loppuun 18.09.2020
- Kaupungin kotihoidossa koronatartunta 18.09.2020
- Rasti-ARXantai – kaupunkisuunnistusta lapsiperheille 17.09.2020
- Ikäihmisten asumispalvelujen ja kotihoidon asiakastyytyväisyyskysely 2020 17.09.2020