Where to get money for living?
Kela, that is the Social Insurance Institution of Finland, may give you financial support when you are not employed. You can get Kela benefits, for example, if:
- you are unemployed
- you are studying
- your earnings are not enough to cover your housing costs
- you are taking care of children at home
- you cannot go to work because of illness.
You can get a Kela housing allowance if your earnings are not enough to cover your housing costs.
If you get so little money that it is not enough to live, you can apply for social assistance. Social assistance is generally granted only in exceptional cases. For example, when for some reason you cannot get all the benefits Kela offers. You can also get social assistance, for example, if you fall ill and you then have to pay a lot of bills for which you have no money.
- Daycare centers will contact families if a child has been absent for a long time 08.04.2020
- The health centers in Hämeenlinna available also in matters other than coronavirus 08.04.2020
- Application to Tavastia and Xamk is still open 07.04.2020
- Distribution of school food packages 06.04.2020
- KELA phone services in Arabic, Russian and Somali 03.04.2020
- Restaurants closed to customers, ordering takeaway permitted (list of restaurants added) 01.04.2020
- Hanki Hämeenlinnasta – tue paikallista 09.04.2020
- Joukkoliikenteen seutuvuoroissa supistetaan tarjontaa alkaen ti 14.4.2020 09.04.2020
- Koti-ARXantai – virtuaalitapahtuma lapsiperheille la 18.4. 08.04.2020
- Terveyskeskus palvelee asiakkaita myös pääsiäisenä 08.04.2020
- Hämeenlinnan kaupunki myöntää vuokravapautuksia 08.04.2020