The City of Hämeenlinna’s social services include:
- Working age people social work: You will get help and support in challenging situations, for example in the face of unemployment, in housing matters, in economic matters and with getting services. For more information, see here.
- Services for children, families and young people (i.a. social work for families with children): The City of Hämeenlinna offers many different services for your family’s every day help and support. For more information, see here.
- Social assistance: Social assistance supplements other forms of income security. Social assistance is individual and the last resort of economic support. It is intended for situations in which income and assets are not sufficient for reasonable costs of living. For more information, see here and here.
- Multi-sectoral joint service for employment (MYP): MYP provides you with an individual and customised service to support your efforts to find work. The service seeks to find a solution that supports you and your situation in the best possible way. The solution could be, for example, work, training, rehabilitation or a pension assessment. For more information, see here.
- Rehabilitative work: Rehabilitative work seeks to strengthen your abilities to cope in working life, work or study, and to create the right conditions for finding work or training or taking part in services that promote employability. For more information, see here.
- Immigration services: Immigration services seek to support the integration of migrants. For more information, see here.
- Reception of refugees: Refugee Reception Services are intended for residents of Hämeenlinna with refugee background during first 3 years of their registration as residents in Finland. If you have received a residence permit as an asylum seeker or have come to Finland as a quota refugee and your residence in Finland is shorter than 3 years, you can be covered by Refugee Reception Services. Contact details here.
- Special substance abuse services: These services are intended for people who find that their substance use or other behaviours that control their everyday life are harmful to themselves or to their loved ones. Access to the support services is voluntary and the services are confidential. For more information, see here.
- Social welfare ombudsman: A social welfare ombudsman is an impartial person whose task is to advise social welfare clients and their relatives regarding the application of laws and the rights of the clients. For more information, see here.
- On-duty social workers: The Kanta-Häme region’s on-duty social manage outside office hours acute and necessary social services of residents of and people residing in the Kanta-Häme region’s area and municipalities (Forssa, Hattula, Hausjärvi, Humppila, Hämeenlinna, Janakkala, Jokioinen, Loppi, Riihimäki, Tammela and Ypäjä). For more information, see here.
- Services for people with disabilities: Disability services include a service need assessment and the benefits and services that are provided in the Act on Disability Services and Assistance and the Act on the Services for People with Developmental Disabilities (kehitysvammalaki). For more information, see here.
Regarding social services, you can ask for advice from the social services help desk. For more information and contact details, see here.