There are several cycling routes in Hämeenlinna. You can ride a bike on a specially marked bike lane. If there is no bike lane or there is only a sidewalk, you can cycle on the road.
- Children under the age of 12 are allowed to cycle on the sidewalk.
- In a pedestrian area, like Reska, you can ride a bike but always keep pedestrians in mind.
- Cycling is prohibited on highways and two-lane expressways.
- Cycle on the right side of a bike lane.
- The use of a helmet is recommended but not mandatory.
- Children under 135 cm tall may only be transported in a suitable seat.
- In the dark and twilight, you need to use lights: yellow or white in front and red in the back.
A cycling map of the Hämeenlinna region can be found here: Cycling map