- Moving into your own dwelling
- Living in your own dwelling
- Changes in residency
- Waste sorting
Rent and rent security deposit
Reserve enough time for finding a rental flat. Some areas are extremely popular and any vacant flats are rented out very quickly. Once you’ve found a suitable apartment, you should decide quickly whether you want it.
You must pay rent for your dwelling every month. In addition, you must pay a rent security deposit at first. The deposit usually equals one to two months’ rent.
After you have found a flat to rent, make sure the rent is affordable and that the apartment is suitable for you. Kela has set a maximum rent amount per month. Please note that heating costs and waste charges are also part of your accommodation costs. You can contact Kela services to receive more information on rent limits. You can also ask for advice at the Immigration Information or Refugee Reception if you are a customer of the refugee service. Do not rent an apartment with a too high rent price or accommodation expenses.
When you move from a reception center to a municipality, in some cases, the reception center can help you find an apartment. Discuss this at your reception center. If you do not have any income or savings, you can apply for rental security deposit cover in Kela.
When you move out of the dwelling, you can receive the rent security deposit back. If someone else has paid the deposit for you, the money will be refunded to the payer’s account. However, the rent security deposit will not be paid back if you have broken something in the dwelling or failed to pay enough rent, in other words, you owe unpaid rent.
- Restaurants closed to customers, ordering takeaway permitted 27.03.2020
- Immigrants Info in Kastelli 26.03.2020
- Climate week 23-28.3.2020 25.03.2020
- Changes in child care fees 20.03.2020
- Social services help desk relocates to Kela 1.4.2020 19.03.2020
- Public transport during coronavirus epidemic 18.03.2020
- Hämeenlinnan kaupunki hakee ehdotuksia ympäristöpalkinnon saajaksi 30.03.2020
- #Parvekejumppa 30.03.2020
- Ruohikkopalovaroitus annettu tänä keväänä poikkeuksellisen aikaisin 27.03.2020
- Hämeenlinnan kaupunki ja Linnan Kehitys käynnistävät yrittäjien ja kuluttajien tukitoimet 27.03.2020
- Lapsiperheiden palvelut toimivat myös koronaepidemian aikana 27.03.2020