Hämeenlinna is a great city to live happily. It offers safe and healthy living environment for families. You’ll find here beautiful forests and lakes, lots of outdoor areas, playgrounds and opportunities for families with children.
Hämeenlinna is pretty close: it’s about 100km from Helsinki, about 80 km from Tampere, and about 150 km from Turku.
Hämeenlinna City offers different services for foreigners:
- Immigration Info in Kastelli Service Point provides advice on the city’s various services and helps to settle in Hämeenlinna. Immigration Info serves in Finnish, English, Arabic, Somali, Russian, Estonian, Polish, Persian, Dari and Kurdish languages.
- Tavastia Vocational College offers various study opportunities for immigrants, such as preparatory education, basic education for adults or an integration course at Tavastia Vanajavesi College.
- The Vanajavesi College also offers hobby courses: you can learn Finnish or other languages in the evenings. You can take part in sports courses, music courses or various art courses.
- At HAMK or Häme University of Applied Sciences, you can study for a bachelor’s degree in either Finnish or English. HAMK International Student Prospectus 2021.
- Häme Setlementti in the Partnership House (Kumppanuustalo) organizes both free Finnish language courses and other events. One of its services is kohtamispaikka (meeting place) which helps you find solutions in different life situations.