- Health care services
- Persons with international protection: Health checks when you have moved to Hämeenlinna
- Health advice
- First aid and emergency hospital treatment
- How to get an appointment to see a doctor or nurse
- When should you see a doctor?
- Absence from school or work due to illness
- Laboratory tests and X-ray examinations
- Dental care
- Cancelling a dentist’s appointment
- If your child has received an invitation letter for an oral health check
- Emergency dental care
- Emergency medical care on weekdays from 8.00 to 15.00
- Emergency care on weekdays from 15.00 to 21.00
- Emergency care on weekends and public holidays from 8.00 to 21.00
- Maternity and child health clinics
- Maternity health clinics
- Child health clinics
- Maternity and child health clinic contact information
- Mental health
You can buy painkillers at the pharmacy. You will not need a doctor’s written prescription. Painkillers are on their own shelves, under signs such as SÄRKY. If you can’t find the right shelf, ask the pharmacist for advice.
Usual painkillers in Finland include:
- medicines containing paracetamol such as Paramax, Panadol and Pamol
- medicines containing ibuprofen such as Ibumax, Burana and Ibusal.
Read the instructions on the packaging of the painkiller carefully. The instructions will tell you, for example, how much and how often you can take the medicine. Usually, you can take one tablet at a time and up to three tablets daily.
If you are taking any other medicines, ask your pharmacist if you can take a painkiller.
Young children have their own pain medication. Ask the pharmacist what medicine is suitable for your child.
- English Language Cafe starts on 28.1.2020 27.01.2020
- Digital Workshop CANCELED 27.01.2020
- Ice skating rink at the market square open till the end of February 23.01.2020
- Summer job voucher (kesätyöseteli) – what is it and how to get it? 22.01.2020
- Free day at city museums 19.1.2020 17.01.2020
- Development Cooperation -ABC Training 1.2.2020 13.01.2020
- Kuukauden ilmastotekoja 27.01.2020
- Mikä on sinun ilmastotekosi? Kerro se meille ja osallistut arvontaan 24.01.2020
- Hämeenlinnan muuttovoitto kasvaa ja työllisyys kohenee 23.01.2020
- Elinvoimahankkeet ovat merkittävä osa Hämeenlinnan tulevaisuutta 23.01.2020
- Kehitetään keskustaa, puhutaan P-torista- keskustelutilaisuus 4.2.2020 23.01.2020