- Moving into your own dwelling
- Living in your own dwelling
- Changes in residency
- Waste sorting
Thinking about pregnancy?
- Maternity and child health clinics
- Maternity health clinics
- Child health clinics
- Maternity and child health clinic contact information
You may want contact the clinic when you are planning to get pregnant if you have questions or your doctor recommends it.
It would be good if 2 months before you stop contraception, you started taking 0.4mg of folic acid per day because lack of folic acid increases the risk of fetal neural tube defects (NTD). If you have previously given birth to a baby affected by NTD, you have a history of NTD, you have diabetes, you are on epilepsy medication, you smoke or consume alcohol heavily or you are overweight (BMI over 35), please contact the maternity health clinic when you are planning to get pregnant.
Alcohol consumption and smoking during pregnancy are not recommended.
If you smoke and/or your partner smokes, you are advised to stop smoking before you become pregnant. The maternity health clinic will be able to help you stop smoking.
Before pregnancy, also make sure that any medication you are using is suitable during pregnancy.
- Early childhood education client survey 06.09.2019
- Would you like to be a volunteer ? 20.08.2019
- Let’s read together – Groups for women 09.08.2019
- Nummen Eränkävijät scouts open new groups in September 05.08.2019
- KELA, TE-OFFICE AND IMMIGRATION INFO SERVICE AT KASTELLI 02.08.2019
- Hameenlinna Main Library language cafe autumn 2019 31.07.2019