- Health care services
- Persons with international protection: Health checks when you have moved to Hämeenlinna
- Health advice
- First aid and emergency hospital treatment
- How to get an appointment to see a doctor or nurse
- When should you see a doctor?
- Absence from school or work due to illness
- Laboratory tests and X-ray examinations
- Dental care
- Cancelling a dentist’s appointment
- If your child has received an invitation letter for an oral health check
- Emergency dental care
- Emergency medical care on weekdays from 8.00 to 15.00
- Emergency care on weekdays from 15.00 to 21.00
- Emergency care on weekends and public holidays from 8.00 to 21.00
- Maternity and child health clinics
- Maternity health clinics
- Child health clinics
- Maternity and child health clinic contact information
- Mental health
How to get an appointment to see a doctor or nurse
You can book your appointment to see a doctor or nurse in advance. In the first place, contact your health center. You can also visit refugees’ reception nurse or immigrants’ nurse during their office hours without an appointment.
When booking, you will be asked for your date of birth and your personal ID number.
If your matter is urgent, call in the morning at 8.00 when the appointments system opens. If you do not need urgent care, you can call after 10.00.
When you call your health center, you will hear an answering machine. Listen to the recording carefully and follow the instructions. If you don’t understand the instructions, just listen to the recording until it ends. You will be called back soon.
When the nurse calls, you can tell him or her what the matter is. The nurse will ask for your date of birth and your personal ID. He or she will book an appointment for you.
If the nurse thinks that you need treatment immediately, you will receive treatment on the same day. If your case is not urgent, you usually have to wait. You will get to see a doctor in about two weeks or a month.
- English Language Cafe starts on 28.1.2020 27.01.2020
- Digital Workshop CANCELED 27.01.2020
- Ice skating rink at the market square open till the end of February 23.01.2020
- Summer job voucher (kesätyöseteli) – what is it and how to get it? 22.01.2020
- Free day at city museums 19.1.2020 17.01.2020
- Development Cooperation -ABC Training 1.2.2020 13.01.2020
- Kuukauden ilmastotekoja 27.01.2020
- Mikä on sinun ilmastotekosi? Kerro se meille ja osallistut arvontaan 24.01.2020
- Hämeenlinnan muuttovoitto kasvaa ja työllisyys kohenee 23.01.2020
- Elinvoimahankkeet ovat merkittävä osa Hämeenlinnan tulevaisuutta 23.01.2020
- Kehitetään keskustaa, puhutaan P-torista- keskustelutilaisuus 4.2.2020 23.01.2020