In an emergency, someone’s life is at risk. Examples of emergencies include the following:
- A person has chest pain or difficulty breathing. This may be caused by a heart attack.
- A person’s leg or hand does not suddenly work or the person’s speech becomes confusing. This may be caused by a stroke.
- A person is injured, for example in a car accident.
In an emergency, call the emergency number 112. The call goes to the emergency response centre. The emergency response centre will send an ambulance if necessary. The emergency response centre can also give you advice on what to do next.
When you call the emergency number:
- give your name
- give your street address and town
- say what is wrong and why you need help quickly.
Do not close the phone until you have permission!
You can install the Suomi-112 application on your smartphone:
The national emergency number 116 117 operates in Kanta-Häme. Call before the visit to the emergency services.
Emergency services of the Kanta-Häme Hospital – address: Ahvenistontie 20