How to get your certificate from the My Kanta Pages:
- Log in to My Kanta Pages on the kanta.fi website with your own means of identification, such as online banking codes or mobile certificate.
- Select ‘Koronatodistus’ (COVID-19 certificate) from the menu on the left-hand side. You will also find a link to the certificate section on the front page of My Kanta Pages.
- Click on the pdf link to open the COVID-19 certificate. If you have a certificate, it will open in a new tab.
- Save the PDF file in your own phone or other device. That way you will have the certificate when you need it. You can also print the certificate on paper.
Sample of the EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate
The COVID-19 vaccination certificate can be viewed in My Kanta Pages within five days of receiving the vaccination at the latest.
The EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate contains information about the COVID-19 vaccinations the person has received. The certificate can be used, for example, during border crossings in the EU countries. Before travelling, the passenger must find out which kind of certificate the destination country requires.
If you decide to travel, always check before travelling the current coronavirus and entry restrictions from the authorities of the country of your destination. All persons returning from abroad must take note of the quarantine instructions provided by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland: Travel recommendations (um.fi)
- Re-open EU (reopen.europa.eu)
The certificate is technically valid for one year after the citizen has retrieved it from My Kanta Pages. The technical validity period is needed because the signature certificate will expire after a certain period of time, after which the certificate will no longer be valid. The validity period does not mean the validity of immunity.
The certificate has a code for verifying the authenticity of the certificate. The authenticity of the vaccination certificate can be verified for one year from the date when the certificate was retrieved from My Kanta Pages.
EU Digital COVID-19 certificate from My Kanta Pages
To be rolled out in July, the EU COVID-19 certificate consists of three different certificates:
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate,
- a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test result,
- a certificate of recovery from COVID-19.
The EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate is only available in My Kanta Pages until further notice. Persons who are not using My Kanta Pages can obtain another certificate of a COVID-19 vaccination from the healthcare service.
Later in July, the healthcare services will deploy a service that enables printing out EU vaccination certificates for persons who are not using My Kanta Pages.
- Telephone: 020 634 4588. We are available Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4 pm.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer feedback form
Read more on website www.kanta.fi