Absence from school or work due to illness
If you are studying or working, you may not be absent without permission. If you fall ill, you need to report it. You can be absent only if you tell about it to your teacher or employer.
If you fall ill, call your teacher or workplace supervisor immediately in the morning. Say that you are ill and you are staying at home. Sometime it is enough to simply let the person know. However, your teacher or supervisor may ask you to submit a sick note. If you need a sick note, you must contact a nurse to get one.
If you need a sick note, you must see a nurse. It is best that you go to the nurse immediately in the morning, between 8.00 and 9.00. There are several ways to contact a nurse. You can:
- call the nurse and the refugee reception centre
- go the emergency department of your health centre
- see the school nurse at your school.
If you are a student, you will lose the 9 euro maintenance allowance for the days you are absent. This money is intended for expenses arising from studying. If you are absent and do not report it to the teacher, you may also lose part of your unemployment allowance.
If your illness lasts more than three days, you can no longer report it yourself to your teacher or supervisor. You may only remain absent if a doctor gives you sick leave.
If you are ill for more than three days, go to the health centre’s emergency department. Ask for sick leave. You will get a sick leave note that you need to give to your teacher or supervisor.
- مجموعة القراءة "JUTTUJA SUOMESTA" (اشياء حول فنلند) 17.6.2019
- KELA’S NEW DISCUSSION FORUM ”ASK ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SITUATIONS” IS NOW OPEN 14.6.2019
- Reading group ”Juttuja Suomesta” (Things about Finland) 14.6.2019
- Somalinkielinen puhelinpalvelu palvelee pian valtakunnallisesti 10.6.2019
- ELECTRIC BIKES 10.6.2019