- Finding work, employment and self-employment
- Finding work
- Register as a jobseeker
- Actively looking for work
- Job application
- International Talent, highly educated immigrant
- Open job application
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Job interview
- When you get a job
- Employee rights and obligations
- Labour protection
- Finnish work culture
- Trade unions
- Sick leave
- Testimonial of service
- Help with problems
- Employment counselling for immigrants
- Information on employee rights during coronavirus situation
- Finding work
Preparing for self-employment
For self-employment, you will need professional skills and training. It is important that you are familiar with the laws of your industry and business. Knowledge of your customers and sales methods is also important. Remember that there are also risks associated with self-employment. Adequate funding and careful planning are essential.
Prepare for self-employment with the best possible knowledge and skills, as becoming an entrepreneur without the relevant competences and language skills is risky.
When you want to set up a business, think carefully about whether you have a good business idea. Consider whether you have enough professional skills and experience and plan how to organise your funding.
You can ask for help with setting up a business. For example, to contact Häme Enterprise Agency, see here.
For more information about getting business advice, see here.
- Finnish language learning clubs – autumn 2020 17.09.2020
- Hobbies in Hämeenlinna AUTUMN 2020 07.09.2020
- The distribution of face masks has started in Hämeenlinna 20.08.2020
- Job for sewers 18.08.2020
- Pre-primary education and basic education start on 11 August 2020 18.08.2020
- Public transport and coronavirus 14.08.2020
- Nummen yhtenäiskoulusta ja Kirkonkulman koulusta oppilaita kotikaranteeniin 18.09.2020
- Yleisöluistelu tauolla syyskuun loppuun 18.09.2020
- Kaupungin kotihoidossa koronatartunta 18.09.2020
- Rasti-ARXantai – kaupunkisuunnistusta lapsiperheille 17.09.2020
- Ikäihmisten asumispalvelujen ja kotihoidon asiakastyytyväisyyskysely 2020 17.09.2020