- Finding work, employment and self-employment
- Finding work
- Register as a jobseeker
- Actively looking for work
- Job application
- International Talent, highly educated immigrant
- Open job application
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Job interview
- When you get a job
- Employee rights and obligations
- Labour protection
- Finnish work culture
- Trade unions
- Sick leave
- Testimonial of service
- Help with problems
- Employment counselling for immigrants
- Information on employee rights during coronavirus situation
- Finding work
Preparing for self-employment
For self-employment, you will need professional skills and training. It is important that you are familiar with the laws of your industry and business. Knowledge of your customers and sales methods is also important. Remember that there are also risks associated with self-employment. Adequate funding and careful planning are essential.
Prepare for self-employment with the best possible knowledge and skills, as becoming an entrepreneur without the relevant competences and language skills is risky.
When you want to set up a business, think carefully about whether you have a good business idea. Consider whether you have enough professional skills and experience and plan how to organise your funding.
You can ask for help with setting up a business. For example, to contact Häme Enterprise Agency, see here.
For more information about getting business advice, see here.
- Rowing boats for free use 16.06.2020
- Main City Library in Wetteri closes on 19.6.2020 16.06.2020
- Opening hours during the summer 16.06.2020
- Arjessa Mukana – residents magazine 2/2020 08.06.2020
- Preparatory education for general upper secondary – application until 21.7.2020 04.06.2020
- Give your feedback on the “Hämeenlinna taksussa” mobile app 03.06.2020
- Vähäisiä määriä sinilevää havaittu kahdella uimarannalla 03.07.2020
- POP UP -katutaidepajat nuorille heinäkuussa 01.07.2020
- Ilon aiheeni hämäläisessä arjessa -valokuvakilpailun voittajat on valittu 01.07.2020
- Kansalliset kaupunkipuistot- verkoston yhteiset nettisivut on julkaistu 01.07.2020
- Hämeenlinnan uimapaikkojen vedenlaatua selvitetty 29.06.2020