- Finding work, employment and self-employment
- Finding work
- Register as a jobseeker
- Actively looking for work
- Job application
- International Talent, highly educated immigrant
- Open job application
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Job interview
- When you get a job
- Employee rights and obligations
- Labour protection
- Finnish work culture
- Trade unions
- Sick leave
- Testimonial of service
- Help with problems
- Employment counselling for immigrants
- Information on employee rights during coronavirus situation
- Finding work
Preparing for self-employment
For self-employment, you will need professional skills and training. It is important that you are familiar with the laws of your industry and business. Knowledge of your customers and sales methods is also important. Remember that there are also risks associated with self-employment. Adequate funding and careful planning are essential.
Prepare for self-employment with the best possible knowledge and skills, as becoming an entrepreneur without the relevant competences and language skills is risky.
When you want to set up a business, think carefully about whether you have a good business idea. Consider whether you have enough professional skills and experience and plan how to organise your funding.
You can ask for help with setting up a business. For example, to contact Häme Enterprise Agency, see here.
For more information about getting business advice, see here.
- Daycare centers will contact families if a child has been absent for a long time 08.04.2020
- The health centers in Hämeenlinna available also in matters other than coronavirus 08.04.2020
- Application to Tavastia and Xamk is still open 07.04.2020
- Distribution of school food packages 06.04.2020
- KELA phone services in Arabic, Russian and Somali 03.04.2020
- Restaurants closed to customers, ordering takeaway permitted (list of restaurants added) 01.04.2020
- Hanki Hämeenlinnasta – tue paikallista 09.04.2020
- Joukkoliikenteen seutuvuoroissa supistetaan tarjontaa alkaen ti 14.4.2020 09.04.2020
- Koti-ARXantai – virtuaalitapahtuma lapsiperheille la 18.4. 08.04.2020
- Terveyskeskus palvelee asiakkaita myös pääsiäisenä 08.04.2020
- Hämeenlinnan kaupunki myöntää vuokravapautuksia 08.04.2020