- Everyday life in Finland
- Basic information about finland
- Finnish adminstration
- State administration
- Your right and obligations in Finland
- Finnish climate
- Finnish holidays
- Finnish customs
- Finnish food culture
- Welcome to Finland! Orientation game for new immigrants
Basic information about finland
Finland in brief
- Finland is a republic and a member of the European Union (EU).
- The capital of Finland is Helsinki.
- Finland is divided into self-governed municipalities.
- Finland has 5.5 million inhabitants.
- The national languages are Finnish and Swedish (about 5% of Finns speak Swedish as their native language).
- Many Finns speak fluent English.
- Finland is located in North Europe.
- Finland’s neighbouring countries are Russia (east), Norway (north), Sweden (west) and Estonia (south).
- The surface area of Finland is 338,432 km², which includes the land and inland water areas.
- The currency of Finland is the euro.
- Read about Finnish history here.
- Hämeenlinnan taidemuseossa vilkas näyttelyvuosi 2019 17.01.2020
- Ilmaispäivä kaupungin museokohteissa 19.1.2020 16.01.2020
- Ahveniston kuntoportaat viimeistellään asentamalla kaiteisiin putoamissuojat 15.01.2020
- Infra-tulosalueen kesätyöntekijöiden haku on alkanut 15.01.2020
- Kaupungin ostolaskut vuodelta 2018 15.01.2020