The child goes to preschool before starting school. There, he/she will learn skills that are needed at school. Preschool education is provided four hours a day and it is free of charge. In addition to preschool education, you can apply for daycare.
The child usually starts preschool at the age of 6.
Preschool education is provided in daycare centres and primary schools. Preschool education starts and ends at the same time as the school year. You must apply for preschool in the spring and you will receive the decision by letter or e-mail.
More information about child care here.
- Daycare centers will contact families if a child has been absent for a long time 08.04.2020
- The health centers in Hämeenlinna available also in matters other than coronavirus 08.04.2020
- Application to Tavastia and Xamk is still open 07.04.2020
- Distribution of school food packages 06.04.2020
- KELA phone services in Arabic, Russian and Somali 03.04.2020
- Restaurants closed to customers, ordering takeaway permitted (list of restaurants added) 01.04.2020
- Hanki Hämeenlinnasta – tue paikallista 09.04.2020
- Joukkoliikenteen seutuvuoroissa supistetaan tarjontaa alkaen ti 14.4.2020 09.04.2020
- Koti-ARXantai – virtuaalitapahtuma lapsiperheille la 18.4. 08.04.2020
- Terveyskeskus palvelee asiakkaita myös pääsiäisenä 08.04.2020
- Hämeenlinnan kaupunki myöntää vuokravapautuksia 08.04.2020