Current information on coronavirus
What to do if you suspect that you have contracted coronavirus
- If you have mild respiratory symptoms, stay home and prevent others from getting infected.
- Do self-assessment test to check if you might have contracted the coronavirus. The test is available in the Omaolo electronic service. You will get instructions how to do the test on the Omaolo website here. The service is available in Finnish.
- If your condition worsens or you need advice on treatment, call your health center on weekdays from 8:00 to 15:00. In the evenings or at weekends you can contact the emergency department of Central Hospital of Kanta-Häme.
- A national telephone service at the number 0295 535 535 gives general information and advice on the coronavirus on weekdays 8:00–21:00 and Saturdays 9:00–15:00.
- Additionally, a chat service has been opened and it offers general information on the corona-situation. The chat is open on weekdays 8:00 – 21:00 and on Saturdays 9:00 – 15:00. The service is primarily available in Finnish and, where possible, also in Swedish and English.
- The Central Hospital of Kanta-Häme informs about the number of coronavirus patients daily on their website
If you know Finnish language, please, follow also Hämeenlinna City- corona web site.
Check the Ministry of Foreing Affairs website for the latest travel advisories.
Social and Health Services
THE HEALTH SERVICES OF THE HÄMEENLINNA CITY ARE AVAILABLE ALSO FOR MATTERS OTHER THAN CORONA VIRUS.
Health service is at work every day. It consists of professionals who know well the rules of hygiene in order to protect their clients. You can safely visit a health center.
However, if you have symptoms of a serious illness such as chest pain, paralysis or suffer an injury, call 112.
There is a Pandemic Reception Station located in G-wing of the Main Health Center in Hämeenlinna. The station is open on weekdays 8-16, by appointment, through your standard health center. Read Health Services Information Bulletin.
Laboratories and X-rays are available by appointment.
Maternity and child care services are open and pregnancy check-ups as well as newborn babies up to 1 year-old check-ups are done. During the pandemic situation, only one adult person can accompany a child during a visit at maternity and child care clinic
Dental healthcare – all non-urgent appointments have been cancelled. Patients with coronavirus who need dental care will be referred to Kanta-Häme Central Hospital.
School Health Care
School nurses have returned to their tasks at schools and are available by phone or through the Wilma service.
Health Counsel for the Youth is available on the phone from Monday to Friday, 8.00-15.00. Nurses are available at phone numbers: 050 546 1389 and 050 466 0324. A nurse can refer you to a PH doctor or a psychologist also during the corona-situation.
Visits are banned
People who are at the highest risk of contracting the coronavirus, the elderly and the sick, must be protected from corona-infection in every way!
Visits are banned in: hospitals and nursing homes operated by the city (homes for the elderly and the disabled).
Do not visits elderly people in their homes.
Meetings within the services for the elderly, child protection and employment services will be held online in first place. If there is a need to meet face-to-face, do not shake hands, keep safe distance and remember about proper hands hygiene.
Community catering for the elderly has been canceled.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
- Early support family work service (Varhaisen tuen perhetyö) offers quick help on the phone. The service hours have been prolonged due to the coronavirus epidemic.
- “Akuutti arkiapu” helpline – call the helpline if you need help or assistance in urgent shopping matters or food matters or also if you feel that you need to talk with someone. Call the number 03 621 7200, from Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 15.00 or send an email at arkiapu(at)hameenlinna.fi. More information here.
- Telephone helpline of the Hämeenlinna Social Services, tel. 03 621 3303, is open from Monday to Friday 9.00 – 16.00. You can also always notify of your need for assistance electronically.
- If you need mental support, call 03 621 3312 on weekdays, 9.00 – 15.00.
- Psychiatric nurses in health centers are available during their on-call hours.
- The Toppari Support Service helps when everyday life gets overwhelming. Call 050 571 7763 (Mon. 18-20, Tue. 12-14, Wed. 18-20 and Thu. 12-14). More information on Toppari website. The service is open 25.3 – 14.5.2020.
- Kanta-Häme social emergency helpline tel. 03 6217100 24/7.
- The shelter in Hämeenlinna is open normally and the shelter’s personnel is prepared for different situations. Shelter’s website.
- POP UP family support service. You can discuss issues such as your relationship, parenthood concerns, family relationships, child development or other social concerns. During the corona epidemic, the service is available remotely from 2 pm to 3:15 pm. The service is not recorded. You can book an appointment electronically here.
Education and welfare services
All students of primary education return to contact learning in their schools on 14.5.2020. Distance learning will not be available. More information here.
Questions concerning the distance learning can be addressed directly to the class teacher.
- Questions & Answers on corona-situation related to basic education.
- Instructions for schools and home to support learning.
Early education centers will be opened on 14.5.2020. More about the organization of day care and pre-school education after 14.5.2020 here.
Daycare centers record greeting videos for families every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10 am. The video is called Ikkuna päiväkotiin and can be found here: www.satakielensiivin.wordpress.com
Services for the Youth
Services for the Youth operate online only for the time being. You can find profiles of workers, places and Ohjaamo in social media as well as on staff website.
All events organized by the City of Hämeenlinna are canceled until the end of May.
Partnership House (Kumppanuustalo) is closed.
Events at Verkatehdas are canceled until 13.5.2020.
Aimo school will be opened on 14.5.2020
Children Cultural Center ARX will be opened on 1.6.2020
The Hämeenlinna Theatre cancels all spring 2020 performances.
Outdoor sports venues and areas will be opened for use.
- Kauriala sports field
- green areas of the sports park
- artificial turf in the sports park
- baseball field in the sports park
- Iittala sports field
Remember please that the gathering limit of 10 people is valid until 31.5.2020.
The responsibility and supervision lies with the one who booked the area for use.
The swimming pools in Hämeenlinna and Lammi are closed. They are planned to be reopened in August / September. The outdoor swimming pool in Ahvenisto will open on 1.6.2020.
You can read the whole information in Finnish here.
City Hall and the Wetteri building are closed.
The urban services and construction supervision services operate on the phone and electronically.
City administration services in Wetteri 3rd floor are closed for customers until further notice. Customer service on the phone: 03 621 2310 form Monday to Friday, 9.00-15.00. Emails can be addressed at mypalvelupiste(at)hameenlinna.fi. Documents can be delivered to Kastelli service point.
Current information and how the situation with coronavirus affects the public transportation in Hämeenlinna region can be found on the public transportation website.