Christmas magic in Hämeenlinna
- A big and beautiful Christmas tree to enjoy at the main square from 20.11.
- Ice-skating rink at the main square from 1.12. Read more here.
- Most beautiful Christmas songs at the main square on 13.12.
- Christmas fair at the main square in Hämeenlinnan on 19.12.
- Christmas time at Iittala Village
- Christmas at the Palander house
- Chrismas lights at Häme Castle beginning on Saturday, 14.12. at 4.30 pm and to be enjoyed until 26.12.
All concerts and events: www.hameenlinna.fi
The main library in Hämeenlinna organizes Christmas awaiting time by reading children stories:
Christmas is the most important Christian holiday celebrated in Finland. It is a celebration of the birth of Jesus. The main event is Christmas Eve, 24 December. It is customary to bring home a Christmas tree and decorate it. Christmas gifts are usually exchanged on Christmas Eve. Finnish Christmas includes many traditional foods such as Christmas ham, rosolli, which is a beetroot salad, different casseroles, mince pies and ginger bread. At Christmas, Finns like to sing carols and spend time with family members and other loved ones.
(Source: InfoFinland: Joulu)