The International Talents in Kanta-Häme project
The purpose of the International Talents in Kanta-Häme project is to improve the rate of employment among highly skilled migrants and others living in the Hämeenlinna, Riihimäki and Forssa regions through employment and self-employment.
In order to improve the rate of employment, the project will create a language learning model to enable people in need of better Finnish language skills, and currently at the YKI3/B1 level, to develop their skills to at least the YKI4/B2 level.
Häme University of Applied Sciences will hold two Finnish language courses (Finnish as a second language) for the project. The first course will take place between 1 October 2018 and 31 May 2019 (full) and the second between 7 January and 30 November 2019.
The project will strengthen the capabilities which the participants will need in working life by developing their networking skills, and their ability to promote their skills, through seminars, recruitment events and corporate visits. The project will provide each participant with a skills survey that will make it easier and clearer for them to find a suitable job or career path.
For people interested in self-employment, the project provides mentoring services.
The project should provide ways to prevent suitable jobs being missed due to poor Finnish language skills or a foreign qualification.
The project is ESF-funded. The project’s main promoter is the City of Hämeenlinna and the co-developer is Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK).
For more information about the project, contact project manager Satu Nikkila, tel. +358 50 514 6714 and email satu.nikkila(at)hameenlinna.fi
- مجموعة القراءة "JUTTUJA SUOMEST" (اشياء حول فنلند) 17.6.2019
- KELA’S NEW DISCUSSION FORUM ”ASK ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SITUATIONS” IS NOW OPEN 14.6.2019
- Reading group ”Juttuja Suomesta” (Things about Finland) 14.6.2019
- Somalinkielinen puhelinpalvelu palvelee pian valtakunnallisesti 10.6.2019
- ELECTRIC BIKES 10.6.2019
- Lammille ja Hauholle rakennetaan heinäkuussa frisbeegolfradat 17.06.2019
- Waltin myyntiverkosto laajenee Hämeenlinnassa 17.06.2019
- Hämeenlinnan pendelöintikysely ja pendelöintiraadin kokoontuminen 17.06.2019
- Avustusten ja minipilottien toimintamalli uudistuu 14.06.2019
- Luvassa runsas tapahtumaviikonloppu 13.06.2019